Entries for the British Chevening Scholarship are now being accepted. Up to 1500 fully-funded awards will be given to the most demanding applicants. To be eligible, candidates must be the citizens of one of the Chevening countries. They will be undertaking master degree in the United Kingdom.
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
The British Chevening Scholarship covers university tuition fees, a monthly stipend, travel costs to and from the UK, an arrival allowance, a homeward departure allowance, the cost of one visa application, and a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in any field of studies.
Place of Study
At any institution in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement.
Only the citizens of the Chevening countries are welcome to apply.
Application should be made through the online system at the link below.
Please anticipate the deadline of the British Chevening Scholarship in November each year.
Visit Scholarship Website and Application Link