Today we have posted new opportunity at Dangote group.
Kindly go through the requirements and know if your are eligible.
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- To monitor site implementation of DIL’s policies, programs, and initiatives related to H&S systems; including performance of the work necessary to ensure adherence to safety regulations, completion of safety training, and attainment of business values and objectives.
- Ensure compliance of site operations with DIL’s HSSE policies and standards as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
- Participate in internal risk assessment processes.
- Routinely inspect the facilities, machinery and equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure compliance with safety regulation and DIL’s policies and standards.
- Routinely monitor the workforce for unsafe behaviours and coach employees on the correct behaviours.
- Record Unsafe Acts / fe Acts / Unsafe Conditions, incidents, accidents and audits findings.
- Participate to accidents and incidents investigations.
- Continuously engage with mine staff on Health and Safety, i.e Tool Box Talks, inspection reporting, weekly reporting, site management reviews, etc..
- Coordinate actively with other departments to improve work conditions according to DIL’s polices and standards.
- Accompany and engage Federal and State Regulators / Inspectors during compliance monitoring visits to the mine.
- Participate in HSE related meetings; safety awareness campaigns and external HSE audits.
- Compile, analyse and interpret accident statistical data, and recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical and biological work hazards.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as requested by the HSE Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Biological or Earth Sciences or Engineering
- 5 years of relevant HSE experience
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent. Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Good communication skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work under limited or no supervision.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- HSE experience in mining and/or construction industries would be an advantage
- An understanding of health & safety as well as environmental management.Willingness to relocate.
- Willingness to work in a remote terrain.
- Successful candidates will be expected to work outside of normal hours for immediate responses to site HSE issues and emergency responses.
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
DEADLINE: MARCH 14
Are you eligible? APPLY NOW