Before we take a look at some basic requirements one must satisfy to obtain a visitor visa, let me walk you down the definition of what a visa is. A visa is a conditional authorization granted by a territory to a foreigner, allowing them to enter, remain within, or to leave that territory.
If you ever think of visiting Canada as a tourist, you have to meet the below requirements;
- Have a valid travel document , such as a passport .
- Enjoy good health.
- Not have criminal or immigration related sentences .
- Convince an immigration officer that you have links, such as a job , a house, financial or family assets , that will take you back to your home country.
- Convince an immigration officer who will leave Canada at the end of your visit.
- Have enough money for your stay . The amount of money you will need will depend on how much time you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel or with friends or family.
- You may also need a medical exam and an invitation letter from someone who lives in Canada.
Who is not eligible in Canada?
Some people are not eligible in Canada, which means they are not allowed to enter the country. It may be inadmissible for several reasons, including being involved in:
- Some type of criminal activity.
- Human rights violations.
- Organized crime.
You can also be rejected for safety, health or financial reasons.
How to apply for a tourist visa in Canada?
To manage your visa application the best option is to do the entire process online. You can start the process by clicking here . Why do we recommend you do it online?
- They receive your request automatically.
- The time to process is much less than by mail.
- Incomplete applications are returned. The online application helps ensure that your application is complete before submitting it.
- If they need to ask for more documents, you can send them quickly online.
- You can be constantly aware of the status of your application in your online account.
When you finish the online process;
You need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) , in most cases.
After paying the biometric fee and submitting the application , they will send you a letter informing you that you must provide your biometric data. The letter will tell you how and where you should give your biometric data . You have up to 30 days to give your biometric data (photo and fingerprints), in person.
It is also possible that they may ask you to go to an interview with Canadian officials in your country of origin, to send additional information or to obtain a medical examination and / or a police certificate.
Most requests are resolved in a few weeks. Processing times depend on the visa office and if you need to take any additional steps.
If your application is approved, the visa will be sealed inside your passport.
We hope this article has served to guide you a little on the steps you should follow if you want to get a tourist visa for Canada.